We are looking at trends over a three week period prior to making changes in our visitor policy.
Currently we will not be having guests on campus, indoors. We ask all visitors participating in on-campus events (games, outdoor gatherings, etc.) to be vaccinated.
|CASES PER 100K PER DAY IN DC OVER 3 WEEKS||Guest Policy|
|Less than 5||
|More than 15||
Guests are permitted on campus
Based on the DC reopening metrics (note that we look at the metrics themselves over a three week period more than the phase):
- If cases are less than 5 per 100K (DC Phase 3) and they are local, guests can come with masks and having completed the screening via School Pass (at check in) and unvaccinated individuals must remain 6 or more feet apart from students and other staff members. Distancing remains a recommended mitigant for all individuals.
- If cases are 5-15 per 100k (DC Phase 2) and they are local, must have neg. covid test from within the last week OR vaccination card; still masked and distanced.
- More than 15 per 100k (DC Phase 0/1) -> essential visitors who are vaccinated only; no interaction with students, covid test from within the last week OR vaccination card; still masked and distance. Definition of essential includes maintenance vendors/contractors, MG support staff, substitute teacher, tutors, extended day staff. Parents and other guests who are vaccinated are permitted to participate in OUTDOOR activities only.
- For large gatherings of guests (i.e., more than 25 guests) during “moderate” or “substantial” case rates (more than 5 per 100K), additional spacing should be ensured, and strong consideration should be given to outdoor or virtual events. Indoor events should have a method of contact tracing and food should be avoided. NOTE: This does not apply to events with GDS students or employees only.
- When cases rates are “substantial” per DC DOH guidelines (more than 15 per 100K), on a case by case basis, the school may waive the testing / vaccination requirement or allow or or two rapid antigen tests (two preferred) in 24 hours for a truly essential guest to come to campus for essential work when they will not interact with children (for instance, air conditioning contractor, MG support staff etc.).
Rules and parameters for guests on campus
- Guests should have an appointment (this information should be shared in advance with Shelley (security)
- Guests will need to present a valid government issued ID at the security desk and are required to answer the COVID screening questions at check in. (Screening questions include symptom checks, close contact, and travel restrictions.)
- Guests are required to wear their guest badges visibly at all times while on campus and should remain in a location proximate to the faculty/staff member who made the guest request (or another faculty/staff member).
- Guests are required to wear a mask at all times while on-campus.
- When case rates are “moderate” or “substantial” per DC DOH guidelines (more than 15 per 100K) for more than three weeks, guests/visitors will need to be prepared to show their vaccination record or a negative test from the last 72 hours. As a back-up option, individuals will be asked to purchase a rapid antigen test to take at home the day before the visit and the day of the visit if they are unable to have the results of a PCR 72 hours in advance.
- NOTE: As previously approved, rentals may continue even during periods of high community transmission provided that there is no overlap with our own students or adults.
This visitor and guest policy applies to the following groups
- Substitute teachers
- Temporary employees
- College representatives
- Admissions Visitors
- Alumni and Donors