Last updated: 4/2/2020 @ 1:56 pm
GDS's campus will be closedand students will be engaging in distance learning through at least April 30. Please practice social/physical distancing during this time and stay tuned to the website for additional information.
GDS is actively monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will be updating this website regularly to share information about the School’s preparations and responses. Should you have any questions after reading this document, please email RiskResponse@gds.org. We are also following the CDC and DC Department of Health guidelines on responding to the virus.
The symptoms that are currently being seen with coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you experience the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19), call your healthcare provider before visiting a healthcare facility. Also check out this page from the CDC: What to do if you are sick.
- How to Talk to Children about Coronavirus
- Virus Prevention and Response
- Trips and Travel
- Resources and Communications
- Canceled Events
- Tips (Section Updated 3/6/2020)
- Explaining What Coronavirus Is (Updated 3/16/2020)
- Addressing Concerns about Coronavirus Specifically (Updated 3/18/2020)
- Addressing Racism and Stigma Around Coronavirus
- Talking about Challenging News Stories Generally
- Additional Parenting Tips and Coronavirus Resources Curated by Director of Health and Wellness, Bobby Asher (Added 4/1/2020)
Canceled, Modified, and Rescheduled Events(As of 3/13/2020)
Due to the spread of COVID-19, we have begun cancelling and postponing several events and field trips. Due to the number of field trips we operate annually, teachers will reach out about specific field trips.
For a full list of canceled or postponed events, please see our calendar.