The cost of educating a student at GDS exceeds our tuition amount by several thousand dollars, and we supplement the difference for all families by drawing on annual giving and endowment resources. Depending on their unique financial circumstances and need, our enrolled families pay anywhere from $500 to our highest tuition amount. For the 2023-24 school year, GDS allocated $9.2 million in financial aid to 23.9% of our students with an average award of $34,800.
Our financial aid application, available through a third-party vendor called Clarity, is separate from the Ravenna admissions application.
If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the screen, as well as email and phone support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-210-3752 in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
- What kind of financial aid is available from Georgetown Day School?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How do I find support on my Clarity application?
- Must I reapply for financial aid each year my child is enrolled at GDS?
- How and by whom are financial aid awards determined?
- Will applying for financial aid affect my child's chances for admission to GDS?
- When will I be notified about my child's financial aid award?
- If I have other children attending tuition-charging schools, must I also apply for financial aid from those schools?
- Must both parents be employed to receive financial aid from GDS?
- Are students who qualify for financial aid required to work or meet special performance requirements?
- If I divorce and remarry, will my new spouse be required to contribute towards tuition?
- If I decide to attend graduate school while my child is enrolled at GDS, will our financial aid award be adjusted?
- If I experience an unexpected financial setback during the course of the school year, will my financial aid be adjusted?
- Is financial assistance available to financial aid recipients who require tutoring or educational evaluation?