Note for 2021–22 School Year
Join us every morning! The Early Grasshopper Program includes a light breakfast and fun activities for children who are dropped off early. Also note that students in grades 2-12 may not be dropped off outside of a carpool unless they arrive before 7:30 a.m. and all 2nd-8th graders dropped off in this time MUST be registered for the Early Grasshopper Program.
Dropping off at GDS before 7:30 a.m.? Register for our free Early Grasshopper Program!
Students will have the opportunity to engage in exciting, low-key, and hands-on activities each morning, including time on the playground before 7:30 a.m. weather permitting.
The program runs from 7:00–7:45 a.m. daily. In the case of a delayed start, only drop-in supervision will be offered, starting one hour prior to the start of school. Students may not be dropped off earlier than the Early Grasshopper start time.
How much does it cost?
This program is totally free. Students do need to register to participate.
- Lower/Middle School families who need to drop their children off before 7:40 a.m.
- Families whose children would like to make use of the playground before school begins. Read more about the benefits of exercise before school here.
- Families seeking to drop off 2nd-8th graders on campus by car outside of a carpool.
- It is a great way to start each morning!
- Breakfast snacks are provided to students who arrive by 7:30 a.m.
- As part of our agreement with the Tenleytown Neighborhood, all families choosing to drive on campus will be required to have at least two students in their cars unless their children are in pre-K or kindergarten or their children are dropped off before 7:30 a.m. as part of our Early Grasshopper Program. Read more about other ways to get to school »
How do I register?
Register in Campbrain, our online software for extended day programming. Registration continues on a rolling basis throughout the year.