Note for 2020–21 School Year
Beginning in fall 2020, the Early Grasshopper program will include a light breakfast and a fee for students who are dropped off between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Students who arrive between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m. may participate for free.
Dropping off at GDS before 7:40 a.m.? Register for our free Early Grasshopper Program!
Students will have the opportunity to engage in exciting, low-key, and hands-on activities each morning before classes start or choose to have free time if not registered for a class. (This is a pilot program for the 2019-20 school year.)
The program runs from 7:00–7:50 a.m. daily. In the case of a delayed start, only drop-in supervision will be offered, starting one hour prior to the start of school. Students may not be dropped off earlier than the Early Grasshopper start time.
How much does it cost?
This program is totally free for the 2019-20 school year. Students do need to register to participate.
- Lower/Middle School families who need to drop their children off before 7:40 a.m.
- Children interested in the daily class offerings
- It is a great way to start each morning!
- Breakfast snacks are provided to students who arrive by 7:30 a.m.
- Starting in fall of 2020, all families choosing to drive on campus will be required to have at least two students in their cars unless their children are in pre-K or kindergarten or their children are dropped off before 7:20 a.m. as part of our Early Grasshopper Program. Read more about other ways to get to school »
How do I register?
Register in Campbrain, our online software for extended day programming. Registration continues on a rolling basis throughout the year. Because students will opt into the various classes based on their own interest level, parents will indicate a preference for class so that we can encourage students to attend. We will not require students to attend if they are not feeling up to participating for the day.