We at GDS have been engaging across the community to further define and deepen our commitments to being an anti-racist institution and staying true to our founding mission.
We have identified a path forward for the institution, and we want to transparently share how we have performed in meeting our commitments for the 2020-21 school year. Below you will find details of our work in the areas of community engagement, programming, professional development, and policy. Please also read about our 2020–21 Anti-Racist Journey.
||We are currently implementing this action.||We are successfully implementing this action.|
- Engage Community & Communicate Accountability Measures and Expectations of An Anti-racist Education and Environment
- Engage Community & Communicate Accountability Measures Related to Disciplinary Matters
- Initiate Professional Development that Aims to Confront Anti-Black Racism
- Strengthen Support of Black Faculty and Staff
- Initiate Curriculum Program Assessment & Audit
- Tend to Culture and Climate
- Establish Support for Black Students/Enhance Student Environment
- Enhance Equitable Access to All GDS Academic Programming and Activities