- My child has food allergies, needs medication during the camp day, or has other health concerns. Is there a nurse on duty?
- Are the GDS Break Camps open to non-GDS students?
- Do you provide a snack and/or lunch?
- My Child is 4 years old. May s/he participate?
- What special support is available for medical, behavioral, or social needs?
For all of our camps, at least one member of the staff is first aid and CPR certified. Because our school year break camps are generally small, we do not have a camp nurse or health person on duty. We are able to provide emergency medication such as emergency inhalers and Epi-Pens or Auvi-Qs, but are not able to distribute other medication during the camp day. We will call you if there is any health issue that arises over the course of the camp day.
- Break Camp Extended Day & Late Pick Up Policy
- Break Camp Cancellation Policy
- Break Camp Refund Policy
- Break Camp Delayed or Inclement Weather Policy
- Break Camp Financial Aid Information
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
When you register, you will be asked to pay at least 50% of the camp fees up front. These fees are non-refundable.
If you have paid in full, should you decide to cancel your child's participation in a GDS break camp at least 14 days prior to the start of the camp, you will recieve a refund equivalent to 50% of the camp fees.
No refunds will be given if cancellation occurs fewer than 14 days before the camp start date and unpaidbalances must be paid.
Tuition payments lost due to withdrawal or absence from a program may not be transferred to a sibling or applied to a future program. If the school asks a child to go home early due to behavior or illness, no refunds will be given.
In the case of inclement weather, if the Federal Government or DC Public Schools are closed, GDS will be closed. If a break camp is canceled due to inclement weather, this information will be e-mailed out and posted online at www.gds.org/campsandclasses by 6:00 am. You will receive a refund for the day only in the event the program is canceled due to inclement weather. (No refund or credit will be given in case of a late-start.)
Limited financial aid is available for children receiving financial aid at GDS during the school year. There is a flat fee for financial aid recipients. Families who recieve financial aid during the school year will pay
- $75 instead of $125 for break camps involving field trips
- $65 instead of $105 for break camps that do not involve field trips
- $13 instead of $28 for after-camp care
GDS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational, admissions, and personnel policies, financial aid programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.