The GDS administration works closely with the Board of Trustees, parents, students, faculty, and alumni to guide the School's future while staying true to our history as a school committed to academic excellence, educational innovation, and social justice.
Since January 2012 the administration, Board of Trustees, and Head of School Russell Shaw have worked together with the support and input of the GDS community to create a plan for GDS's future.
The strategic plan is the culmination of a planning process that included:
- More than 500 members of our community who participated by sharing their thoughts and input at events, meetings, and conference calls;
- GDS faculty who formed five planning committees during the community engagement phase of our process to generate specific research, analysis, and recommendations against the approved themes; and
- The GDS Administration and Board of Trustees who held several retreats, during which they engaged in a thorough evaluation process, reflecting on the recommendations from faculty and staff, views of our community members, and input and work done by the Board of Trustees.
- Goal 1: Differentiated Learning: Engaging students as individuals.
- Goal 2: Thriving Teachers: Investing in support, growth, and excellence.
- Goal 3: Curriculum Evolution: Providing students with skills to collaborate and innovate for tomorrow's needs.
- Goal 4: Diversity: Next steps in engaging difference, equity, and access to build foundations for success.
- Goal 5: Infrastructure & Operations: Building frameworks for innovative learning environments.
Chief of Staff to the Head of School