The men's and women's track teams “RAN GOOD” last Friday and Saturday at the ISL (women’s) and MAC (men’s) championships hosted at Holton-Arms School. Both teams finished in third place overall in both the ISL and MAC, with numerous personal bests and several school records.
On the women’s team...
- Ziyah Holman ’20 won the 200-meter dash in a time of 24.19 and the 400-meter dash in a time of 53.48—both times setting new ISL records.
- The Women’s 4x100-meter relay team of Ziyah, Laela Lucas-Walker ’20, Nevada Lomax ’20, and Nadia Fairfax ’22 finished first and set a new school record.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Ruby, Ella, Nadia, and Ziyah finished second, with another school record.
- Ella Gillespie ’21 finished third in the 800-meter race.
- Mira Brodsky ’20 finished third in the Shot Put.
On the men’s team...
- Caleb Stutman-Shaw ’20 finished in second place in both the men’s 110-meter and 300-meter hurdles.
- Sami Jinich ’20 finished in second place in the High Jump.
- Jalen Friday ’21 finished in second place in the 400-meter dash.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Sami, Jalen, Matthew Mintzer ’21, and Jacob Greene ’19 finished third.
- The 4x800-meter relay team of Jacob, Charlie Baar ’22, Ethan Litmans ’20, and Tyler Litmans ’21 finished third.
- Isaiah Schuham-Anders ’20 finished third in the Shot Put.
- Charlie Baar finished third in the 3,200-meter race.
“Endless tremendous performances!” coach Anthony Belber declared.
Congratulations to all the athletes and the coaches for an outstanding meet.
Photos from track and field thrower Dylan Posey ’21 and coach Lauren Silberman ’08.