Georgetown Day School’s two campuses offer a variety of opportunities for members of the community to utilize our space. The School’s priorities for space use are: 1) curricular; 2) student, family, alumni, faculty and staff, and other members of our community; and 3) external individuals and groups who would like use the space consistent with the School’s mission and philosophy.
If you are interested in using space at GDS:
- Complete the form OR call 202-295-6179 with your event details, including:
- type of space you need
- type of event you plan to host
- date and time of your event
- If we can accommodate your request, we will send an event-specific memorandum of understanding and a standard facilities-use agreement (example available at right) for you to fill out and return.
- The agreement will state the usage fee and security deposit (10% of the usage fee) due in advance, at least 7 days before your requested date. Most rentals require a minimum fee of $185/hour. The security deposit will be returned upon successful completion of the event.
- Our contract requires proof of insurance for all use of the space.
- Please expect a minimum two-week turn-around time for all space requests.
- Do you allow outside groups to use space for parties or galas?
- Do you allow outside groups to use space during the school day?
- Do you require a security deposit?
- When are fees due?
- Are your rates all standard?
- If School events take priority, will my event get canceled?
- May we serve food or use a caterer?
- May we serve alcohol at our event?
- Are dogs and other pets permitted on campus?
- Do you allow religious or political groups to use your facilities?