Georgetown Day School, an independent day school in Washington, D.C., seeks an Associate Director of Admissions for its Lower School. The Associate Director is responsible for leading the Lower School admissions and enrollment efforts in order to attract a broad, diverse, and mission-aligned applicant pool to enroll in our foundational grades. As the primary ambassador for our Lower School program, this individual will play a crucial role in influencing applicant families to make a significant financial and emotional investment in their children’s early learning years.
As a diverse, inclusive school devoted to preparing students to live and work in an increasingly globalized and multicultural society, GDS is particularly interested in professionals with demonstrated interest and experience in working in such a school setting.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with school and partner organizations to support the recruitment of mission-aligned families to GDS
- Understand and seek out trends in the enrollment industry specifically as related to Lower School that can support best practices at GDS
- Develop deep knowledge of the school’s academic program, able to articulate why, how, and what the GDS educational environment offers students
- Represent the school at open houses, school visits, and fairs
- Play a leading role in representing students and in the admissions committee process
- Conduct family interviews that assess mission and program alignment
- Collaborate with learning specialists and faculty to develop protocols for student assessment and faculty feedback
- Train and evaluate Play Visit observation teachers
- Greet visitors to campus daily
- Communicate regularly with faculty to support their continual engagement with the Admissions Team
- Align goals and communicate as needed with colleagues across the school, especially but not limited to Advancement, Communications, DEI, Leadership, and key faculty and advisors
- Collaborate on open house planning to develop event goals and coordinate logistics
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. A degree in elementary education is preferred.
- A background in elementary education, either as an admissions officer or a teacher.
- A passion for working with students and families in a diverse, inclusive educational setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong work ethic and a delight in a job well done.
- Superior organizational skills and heightened attention to details.
- Integrity, professionalism, high ethical standards, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively.
- A sense of humor and abundant patience.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and, list of three references using our online application system. To apply and to find out more about the school, candidates should visit our website at www.gds.org.
GDS is seeking an individual to serve in a part-time capacity as Technology Support Specialist at its campus in Washington, DC.
The Associate Director is responsible for leading the Lower School admissions and enrollment efforts in order to attract a broad, diverse, and mission-aligned applicant pool to enroll in our foundational grades. As the primary ambassador for our Lower School program, this individual will play a crucial role in influencing applicant families to make a significant financial and emotional investment in their children’s early learning years.
Georgetown Day School (GDS) is now accepting applications for its newly created position, Director of Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be a human resources generalist with labor relations experience who can provide a comprehensive range of Human Resources capability in support of the school’s employees.
Georgetown Day School, an independent Pre-K-12 school located in Washington, D.C., seeks two fourth grade homeroom teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
This position teacher will design lessons, units, projects, and classroom activities to convey computer science principles and computational thinking knowledge to GDS’s lower and/or middle school students.
Georgetown Day School seeks a long-term substitute Visual Arts teacher for the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year, beginning September 14, 2020 and continuing until January 6, 2021. The position entails teaching a full range of courses across the Lower/Middle School.
Georgetown Day School, a PreK-12 coeducational day school, located in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to the creation of a just, inclusive and diverse school community, invites applications for a Middle School Learning Specialist. Candidates who seek to partner with teachers, students, and their families in maximizing the academic learning experiences of all students are particularly encouraged to apply.