Positive and lively interactions between students and teachers are at the heart of the learning process at GDS. Since its founding, Georgetown Day School has prided itself on being responsive to the individual needs of all its students, with a program that values and educates the whole child. When hiring faculty and staff, we look for individuals who can embrace those goals and see themselves as part of the larger life of the School.
For teaching positions, a bachelor's degree in relevant field is required; a master's degree and teaching experience preferred. For administrative staff positions, we look for relevant experience and education for the posted job. We are particularly interested in candidates with a proven commitment to teaching and working in a diverse, multicultural setting, as GDS is a school that from its founding has valued the integrity and worth of each individual. Positions are posted on this page as they become available.
- Visit www.GDS.org/Recruiting
- Locate the position you are seeking.
- Complete all information.
- Upload all necessary documents, including cover letter, résumé, three professional references (with contact information), statement of educational philosophy, and relevant transcripts.
GDS is committed to providing high-quality employee benefits and programs that meet the needs of our school community.
Click to view GDS Benefits Overview.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: PPO & HMO options, as well as high-deductible plans that include health savings accounts;
- Same-sex domestic partner benefits;
- Retirement 403(b) plan with 5% immediate School matching contribution;
- Generous sick, personal, and paid family leave programs - including 30 days paid parental leave;
- Life, AD&D, and short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts;
- Transportation subsidies;
- Discounted extended day and summer programs for employee children;
- Reduced-cost facility rentals;
- Use of onsite exercise facilities and school library;
- Fun employee appreciation events;
- And more!
Professional Development Benefits
GDS considers professional development to be an important element for strengthening our team and offers a variety of opportunities for faculty and staff.
Georgetown Day School does not discriminate in its educational, admissions, and personnel programs and policies or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
To reach the Human Resources department, please call 202-274-1660 or email email@example.com.