Georgetown Day School is a Washington, DC preK-12 independent school with an enrollment of 1,075 students, a city campus, and a comprehensive, innovative curriculum. Founded in 1945 as the first integrated school in Washington, DC, GDS maintains a diverse student body, 40% of whom identify as students of color, as well as a diverse faculty and Board. The High School is college preparatory, sending 100% of its graduates to colleges and universities throughout the world. The financial aid budget for the 2019-20 school year totals $7.1 million, shared among 24% of the student body.
- GDS was founded in 1945 as the first integrated school in the District of Columbia.
- GDS has students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12th.
- At GDS, we call each other by our first names, signaling that we have access to each other—regardless of our age, title, or station.
- GDS is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) & Middle States Association (MSA).
- Currently, GDS has two separate campuses located in Washington, DC, with a Lower/Middle School campus in the Palisades off of MacArthur Boulevard and the High School located on Davenport Street in Tenleytown.
- In September 2020, our Lower and Middle Schools will be moving to a brand new building next to the High School in Tenleytown. For the first time (since 1969, when the High School was established), all three divisions of the School will be on a single campus.